Thursday, December 1

Jazzy reflects on PETA and copperhead intruder

Chloe was so traumatized by PETA yesterday that she slept all day. So I was able to reflect on the PETA incident and the following statement that is on the PETA website: The wild animals you see in your backyard aren’t trespassing—it’s their home too. This insanity reminded me of this past June when WH and DH left Chloe and me outside while they went to the store. We were lounging on the front porch when we saw this snake slithering across our driveway toward our front yard. I moved up to within about eight feet to investigate and my sixth sense told me to be cautious. Chloe remained safely on the deck. I guess you might say that the snake and I had a Mexican standoff. Well WH and DH drove up about that time and WH slammed on the brakes, got out, hollered at me to get back, and went and got a shovel and beat that snake very much like it was trespassing, armed, and dangerous. I heard WH tell DH that it was a copperhead and very poisonous. I guess, to please PETA, I should have said, “welcome home Mr. Copperhead.” The PETA people need a serious dose of catnip if you ask me your humble and brilliant Jazzy Cat.

No comments: