Saturday, December 10

Jazzy and Chloe get into fight

Yesterday D.H. brought home a feline sleeping pad that had a zipper pouch containing catnip. I, your humble Jazzy Cat the preeminent cat of the house, was extremely stimulated by the alluring aroma of the enclosed catnip. To my surprise Chloe, who was also stimulated, challenged me for the introductory exploratory rights to the pad, and a brief altercation ensued which included the exchange of paw jabs to the head. I of course prevailed, but Chloe as she retreated said, “Jazzy Cat you are just an intolerant liberal that wants to impose your dominion and world view on me.” I your humble Jazzy Cat am usually unflappable, but that insult penetrated to my core. Just because I want to be boss, set the agenda, and the household world-view, she called me a liberal. I knew it wasn’t true, but I had the horrifying thought that maybe I was behaving like a liberal. My self-confidence began to erode in real measurable time and I realized that I must get a grip on the reality that I was a much superior cat than a common alley cat like Chloe.

No comments: