Saturday, November 19

Chloe suggests conflict resolution and sensitivity training for her and Jazzy

Chloe approached Jazzy Cat cautiously and said, “Jazzy Cat, we have gotten into two big fights in the last 12 hours. Last night in bed with WH and DH you started an unprovoked fight and today at the food bowls we rumbled again. I admit that I did encroach on your food bowl after finishing mine, but did you have to slap me so hard? Anyway, I have been thinking that maybe we need to get some conflict resolution counseling and maybe throw in some sensitivity training to boot. Humans do this sort of thing all the time. What do you think?” I told Chloe that the best way to avoid a conflict is for the party of the first part (that would be her) to be completely submissive to the party of the second part (that would be me). I told her that was the cat way and would solve the conflict resolution problem with no need for counseling. I further told her that sensitivity training was an invention of a post-modern secular world-view culture and was based on tolerance toward politically correct thought, actions and groups. In short it was a human propaganda thing and did not apply to us cats. For emphasis, I called her closer and slapped her upside the head….

No comments: