Saturday, February 17

Romans 8:16

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

The photo above bears witness to the stunning beauty of God’s creation on display at Trout Lake near Telluride, Colorado. The Holy Spirit also bears witness to believers that we are children of God. Deep feelings of peace, joy, and love penetrate deep into believers’ hearts. The fruits of the Spirit, as listed in Galatians 5:22-23, are imparted to the children of God. The peace that comes with the joy of salvation is not a worldly peace and joy, but rather a spiritual satisfaction that comes from the knowledge of the relationship that children of God have with their heavenly Father. The hymn, Turn your eyes upon Jesus, captures this spiritual peace very well when it speaks of the things of this world growing dim…………

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.


Praise God that he not only saves us through his grace, but he provides witness to the reality of being children of God.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. Such words speak to my heart.

jazzycat said...

Thank you Steve.

Scribe said...

Thanks Jazzy, for your impartation of biblical truth regarding the Holy Spirit.

Twas not for the Father's Spirit in me, bearing witness and convicting to the point Godly sorrow, my salvation would have been relegated to a self-psychologizing...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

-Scribe

Craver Vii said...

Did anyone ask you, when you were new in the faith, “How do you know you’re saved?” That question made me a little uncomfortable, because I was not a Bible scholar or apologist, and the person asking might not accept my answer. Nevertheless, I knew in my heart of hearts, that God saved me, and I knew that God knew… I wonder if that was The Spirit bearing witness within my spirit?

jazzycat said...

Thanks Scribe and Craver,
Craver, that sounds like it to me!

Scribe said...

I concur with Jazzy, Craver...I think I may have to adopt Jazzy as my "internet pastor" lol


-Scribe

mark pierson said...

Jazzy- Good points. Jesus did say that He would give us His peace, this probably being one of the components of the Spirit's testimony to us of a relationship.

jazzycat said...

Mark,
Yes, I think you are right and what a wonderful thing peace is in a believer. Happiness needs conditions and reasons, but peace exists in our hearts from the Holy Spirit without conditions.

Dawn said...

Great post Jazzy. And I love this hymn.

jazzycat said...

Dawn,
Thanks. BTW, I can tell from your comments on repentance and sanctification that you are not a free grace advocate like Rose, Matthew, and Antonio.

In fact I agree on most of what you write. wayne

Dawn said...

No, I'm not a Free Grace advocate.

I'm glad that there is much in which we can agree. :-)