Thursday, January 3

The Proper Christian Dress

Romans 3:21-25A But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.

What a comfort it is for Christians to know they can stand before God on judgment day clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Through faith in his atoning sacrifice for our sins on the cross of Calvary, Christians can be secure and know that eternal life is the result of standing on the solid rock of Christ. As the great hymn below proclaims we can stand faultless before the throne dressed in his righteousness. There is not any other way to salvation as all other man-devised ways are but sinking sand.

What a comfort and joy it is to know the penalty for all our sins have been paid for by Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. Furthermore, we can go boldly before the throne not only with our debt paid, but also dressed in the righteousness of Christ. Through faith in Christ we give Him our sin and He gives us his Righteousness. Praise God for providing the dress we need to stand before the throne and be accepted into the family of God.

My Hope is Built
By: Edward Mote

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

2 comments:

Marcian said...

I dare not trust the sweetest frame...

When darkness seems to hide His face...


It is so tempting to look to something else when His face is hid. How blessed it is to endure the personal trials that allow us to consider whether to trust in the unseen, or in the seen. There is such a mystery in why I feel confidence in the unseen, and distrust in the seen, perhaps because of His faithfulness and grace (even in months of painful waiting for His response to my own desired growth and sanctification) in past trials.

Yes, this song was definitely written by someone who knew what it meant to persevere.

Marcia

jazzycat said...

Marcia,
Thank you for a very good comment and point. We had a few torndados pass through my area yesterday. I didn't see any.....